Wednesday 2 October 2013


Fund raising
The weather has changed - and the day of departure approaching. The forecast for the week-end is good but we will be heading up the weast-coast - water-proofs at hand (and foot)!.
The bike is ready, the bags packed (2 panniers and a small rucksack - 14 kilos in total - including energy bars which will be consumed continuously). I had a trial ride on the Suffolk hills (yes they do exist!). My quads have benefitted from yoga-pilates and I guess that I'm ready too.
The girls at the hospital had a cake-stall - by threats, intimidation and sweet- talking (in that order - some of you will know by whom!) they raised £ 261 for Kids Company - the charity I am supporting. Well done!!!!! And as I only had two cakes (as part of my pre-ride carbo-loading!)I still hope to be able to drag myself up the Cornish hills.
So it is one more visit to the Dove (in the running for the best pub in the UK!!) and I am off. Here's to tail winds, courteous drivers and high energy levels.



No comments:

Post a Comment